Wisdom in a Joke: Results Beyond Dreams

In this joke a guy succeeded beyond his dreams by implementing cute advice from his therapist. He solved his problem, but got another problem to replace the old one. Did you know some problems are good to have?

First, here the joke. Later we’ll look at the wisdom…

A man walked into a therapist's office looking very depressed. "Doc, you’ve got to help me. I can’t go on like this."

"What’s the problem?" the doctor inquired.

"Well, I’m 35 years old and I still have no luck with the ladies. No matter how hard I try, I just seem to scare them away."

the power of affirmations

"My friend, this is not a serious problem. You just need to work on your self-esteem. Each morning, I want you to get up and run to the bathroom mirror. Tell yourself that you are a good person, a fun person, and an attractive person. But say it with real conviction. Within a week you'll have women buzzing all around you."

The man seemed content with this advice and walked out of the office a bit excited. Three weeks later he returned with the same downtrodden expression on his face.

"Did my advice not work?" asked the doctor.

"It worked alright. For the past several weeks I’ve enjoyed some of the best moments in my life with the most fabulous looking women."

"So, what’s your problem?"

"I don’t have a problem," the man replied. "My wife does."

Results beyond dreams, wouldn’t you agree?

This looks pretty much like the advice we got from the two self-made millionaires Dobbins and Pettman (Did you know you are a creative genius?). They told us in that article to get into the habit of affirming “I’m a creative genius.” You can do it before a mirror if you want.

Actually, most success experts preach positive affirmations and positive self-talk, including big names like Jack Canfield, Tony Robbins, and Brian Tracy. Why? Well, because it works!

It worked for Jack Canfield when he and his co-author for “Chicken Soup for The Soul” became the first people to sell 1,000,000 copies of a book in one day. This simple technique works like gangbusters… and it can work for you!

Just make sure, if you are married, to tell your spouse about it when you start implementing the cute “tactic” above to enjoy some great moments with the most fabulous looking women, or men! That’s standard practice in goal-setting… you get a goal buddy.

Powered by Blogger.